Sunday, January 08, 2006

5 weeks and days

Gracie and I have just been hanging out at home trying to get a schedule set for us. We are still doing well with getting some longer hours of sleep at night. She has had a couple nights where she fights sleep but eventually Mommy wins and rocks her to sleep.
She is really getting good at focusing on objects now. She will sit in her swing and watch the mobile that is above her head. I can lay her on the floor with her mat and she enjoys looking at the objects, it unfortunately does not have music that plays continuously so it doesn't hold her attention as long as the othe mobiles. Last night she was put to sleep in her bassinet and tha tis where she stayed. It was nice to sleep without her beside me but yet it was pretty lonely too. I know you aren't supposed to let babies sleep with you but we all know that you will do anything for sleep during the first few months.
She is growing like a weed(hint hint to those who haven't got to hold her), she is really progressing quickly. People at work are all amazed at how alert she is. I think having her there is really providing her senses with lots to do and it is helping her develop her skills faster.
Well let me get to the good stuff, I hope you all enjoy the picutres as always. Gracie was particularly camera friendly today to I had tons of poses to choose from. Her is Gracie lounging on the couch, one in her bassinet, and some of her on her floor play mat. ENJOY!

No comments: